Friday, November 14, 2008

Princess Party

My little Abigail has turned three years old and we had a royal party in her honor. I have been stalling on blogging this occasion for a couple of reasons. One, I'm in denial that my little baby girl is growing up! Two, I wanted to get all sentimental and create this wonderful reflection of the last three years of Abigail's life... but can't bring myself to do it, again, due to denial. Three, Christine and Carrie have some good pictures of the party which I didn't get and I wanted to get them (still haven't done this). And four, I'm still in October, anyone else? These last months have been very uncomfortably flying by!! So, in spite of all my reasons I'm just getting more and more behind in blogging (its already the middle of November!) and decided to bite the bullet and blog about Ab's party.

Abbey is very much into the princess phase of little girlhood! I love it and am more than happy to oblige this phase. That meant we had to have a princess themed party complete with a castle cake...

(yes Tim and I stayed up all night making this cake by ourselves! and I pictured it looking a lot better in my mind... just didn't have the time!)

Princess decorations including the pinata...

(I think it was just obvious to Abbey that she was going to have a pinata with candy at her party, all her cousins had one so thats what all party's have right!)

and of course we had to have princess and prince party favors!...

The girls had hats and wands, the boys crowns and swords. Behind the kids is my home made game of kiss the frog, my version of pin the tail on the donkey. They all got to wear bright red lipstick and it was so cute to see there little kisses on the poster. Shot out to Jill's kids who had the best puckers!

Now for our royal guests... or at least some of them... here is princess Parker and little princess Paisley with Lee, both too cute!

Prince Wyatt and prince Quinn sword fighting


Abigail was one loved and lucky girl with all her presents...
Wyatt helped Abbey open her gifts seeing that he was the seasoned gift opener from his birthday two months earlier! I love this picture... it shows the craziness of a little kid party... candy everywhere, unopened and opened presents, wrapping paper flung to the side etc.!

Man I love my little princess and can't believe how much she has grown!


What would be a post without my sweet Mike... even better is Mike with cousin Stella and Papa! Stella was trying to figure Mike out and obviously was enjoying his big cheeks! Who wouldn't?!

We had a lot of fun and really appreciate everyone for coming over to yet another Abbey party (I promise I won't have another on for her for awhile!). The love and gifts given were all a little girl could ask for on her Birthday! Thanks!!

5 comments:

Andrew + Kylie said...

hi- this is Kylie, Jills sis-in-law. I just had to say, that cake is amamzing. I think you did a great job.

Carrie Elder said...

That was a fun party... I'm glad I could make it! I have cool picts of Abbey's party. I will post them now!

David Merrill Family said...

That was a fun party. I really wanted to pull one of the strings on the pinata but was afraid to ask. I did get some candy, though!
And hugs from the grandkids!

The Garrido's said...

Happy Birthday to Abbey! Time does go by so fast, and yes I am with you Connie, still in October! What the heck!!! Eggnog anyone is what youll be saying next. hahaha!! You are an awesome mom!!

CHRISTINE said...

So glad we could come and enjoy the crackers and cheese...and frapee (sp?). The cake was
A-mazing too! You guys throw an awesome party. Sorry about Wyatt "helping" open all of Abbey's presents. He still tells me that his birthday is coming up...he LOVES birthdays. I need to see you soon so I can give you my pictures...but you have some great ones too! Love you.