Tuesday, October 27, 2009

As Promised (a day late)

Okay, so it isn't exactly "tomorrow!" But here is the biggest thing that has been happening since my last update back in June.

We found out that I was pregnant the end of June. This came as a surprise since we weren't trying at all to get pregnant... and it wasn't due to carelessness on our part! It was meant to be, just a year earlier than we planned. It took a little to become truly happy and excited. The problem was I had just witnessed my sister have her third baby boy and I could remember the whole experience of giving birth all too well. I wasn't quite ready to have my body go through all that again. But what do you do?!? Accept and get excited!
(This was taken the day we found out, after the tears were dried up!)

It really gets me excited when I find out the gender of the baby (makes it more real). We found out this month that it will be another boy for the Merrill's. As everything with this pregnancy, that came as a surprise too. I thought it was going to be a girl. It felt like a girl pregnancy (I can smell everything like my pregnancy with Abbey). Abbey was so sure it was going to be a girl too. I kept warning her that it might be another brother. We have made peace with having another brother in the house and are getting really excited to have a little one around. I'm most excited that Mike will have a brother to be close with. They will be almost exactly two years apart. Mike's b-day is mid February and this little guy is due the 28th of February.
( I know these pictures are a little scary, that is if you can tell what everything is!)

So for now we are just trying to get the perfect name for baby boy. Can't wait to meet him. I think he will be a lot of fun, he already is a very active little guy and strong!! (obviously had to be to get here in the first place!!) I have a feeling that I'm going to have my hands full. Oh dear, what am I going to do?!?

1 comment:

CHRISTINE said...

WHAT?!! You're pregnant?!