Thursday, July 5, 2007

She's Styling Now!



Before and After
On Tuesday Tim woke up with the strong desire to get a hair cut. That got me thinking... I had just cut Abbey some bangs seeing that she won't keep clips in her hair. (most of the pictures on this blog you will see Abbey with hair in her eyes) I also took the liberty to trim up the back in an attempt to prevent her from being mullet head! Her first hair cut at a Super Cuts was a botched job. The lady cut her hair like a boy! The hair around the ears was cut just above her ears and then it was long in the back! It took the hair by her ears forever to start growing below her ears, and by then the hair in the back had grown pretty long. So, my trim helped but she was lacking in the style category. I wanted her to have a little bob, with it stacked in the back! Even though I went back and forth on having Abbey get her hair cut at a salon again, Tim and I decided to take her to Snip-It for Kids. After Tim got his hair cut we drove to the Snip-It and were very pleased when we walked in. What a kid friendly place! It was a lot of fun for Abbey, she played with toys and colored while waiting for her turn. The lady who cut Abbey's hair was really nice and great with kids. It was so funny to watch Abbey sit in the chair. She was so unsure of the lady and what she was doing that she held perfectly still (barely moving her head) and eyeing the lady suspiciously the whole time. After the cut was finished she even got a blow dry! The end result was exactly what I was hoping for, it was so cute! Abbey was happy too, she got to get a little prize at the end by sticking a card they gave her in a machine and toys coming out in return. I would recommend going there with your little ones, it was a lot of fun. Now Abbey is playing in style! I think she feels pretty because she will shake her head to feel her hair swish and then push the sides back with her hand! What a grown up little girl... so mature! P.S. Tim looks great as always, in case you were wondering... Now all that is left is for me to get a great style!

2 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

I love Abbey's new do. She looks like a little french Matilda! It suits her personality. I'm glad you've found a place to take Abbey now.

Jill said...

I love this post. Abbey makes the funniest faces! The hair cut is cute!