Monday, July 30, 2007

Sick and Tired, Quite Literally

Sorry about the blogging silence lately... July has been a very eventful month for me! I last left off blogging about our trip up to Pinetop. Since then Tim and I had our 3 year anniversary celebration (we stayed in a Resort in Scottsdale and went out to the Melting Pot!). Then I went up to Pinetop to hang out with all the Merrill sisters and sister-in-laws. That was a lot of fun letting all the kids play with one another, while us girls chatted. We got to go to the Snowflake temple and swim at the public pool too. I found out that Abbey is a dare devil who doesn't like to wait in line for her turn on the slide with mom. During our stay Abbey and Parker both had a slight case of pink eye, which didn't slow them down at all! I got a call from my OB office and found out I had a bladder infection! I had no idea... my sinuses were really bad so I think that took most of my attention. When Abbey and I got home I woke up on Monday morning with pink eye. Turns out that I also gave it to baby Luke during our dessert get together on Sunday! Later that week my throat started to hurt too! No fun... the only things that kept me going were reading the last Harry Potter (it was really good!), going to my OB to get my first ultrasound (our little peanut has a good heart beat), and relying on Tim to help out with Abbey while I napped (I napped A LOT!). So this last Sunday Tim packed up to leave to Tucson for general instructors training. He will be gone until Friday. I already miss him!! However, Monday has been a good day. I have been feeling better... I even had enough energy to finally tackle the house and give it a good clean. It took me literally all day. I swept and mopped, cleaned the fridge, picked up clutter, vacuumed and even dusted! It was much needed. There were a lot of brakes in between so as to keep Abbey happy. Thankfully she loves Disney movies and is happy with snacks. By dinner time we looked pretty bad... we were still in our pj's! So after mac and cheese with hot dogs we went upstairs and took a bath! That felt good. Now that Abbey is asleep I sat down to finally catch up on blogging. I hope to have some interesting things to blog soon. Who wants to hear about my sicknesses and cleaning? Hope all is well with everyone else (and no more cases of pink eye!).

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Ohh, cruddy week. Hope you feel better this week. Bode and I were in jammies all day yesterday. Cleaning and napping. So it is all right to have a pj day.

David Merrill Family said...

Oh, how I wish I had some new pictures of the Tim Merrill Family. mmmmmmmm

David Merrill Family said...

Wow! I have been so busy. I forgot about the blogs. Your stuff was so fun to read. Lots of ups and downs. I love the pictures. Wish we lived closer. Not that we are that far away. But lots goes on.