Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day Present

Mother's day weekend was a busy one... The Webb clan (except Tim, who had to work) all went up to clean and plant around mom's grave in pinetop. It was really nice to get together and do that, I don't think any of us had been up there since her burial. But it was a short over night trip, which came with a cranky little girl riding in the back! By the time we got home Saturday evening, we were all a little tired. As I pulled up into the driveway, Tim called to check in and see if we were home. To my great surprise, as I was telling him we were just pulling into the driveway, out comes my husband who was suppose to be at work!! What a great surprise, especially since Abbey had been crying for him the whole drive! In case you all are thinking, big deal, he stayed home from work... this really was a big deal, Tim has never called in sick when he wasn't really seriously sick! This was the first time he has ever taken a personal day. Not only did he stay home, but he had been busy getting me a great mother's day present. Blankets were covering a big box in the family room, so of course we couldn't wait until Sunday to open it!! It turned out that Tim found the kitchen table I wanted! I was so excited to see that, we have been using a card table with two chairs. As soon as the surprise was over, we took advantage of Tim's time off and rushed to spend the rest of the evening watching the last Merrill to kick butt at state track! Lee amazed me... she is very fast. It was also fun to see all the Merrill's and eat nachos, pizza and pretzels... what a day!

3 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Yes! I have been waiting and waiting to see your new table! It looks great...like right out of a mgazine! Great job Tim. Hey,let me know when you're ready to start painting the walls...Love you!

Carrie Elder said...

You are so cute Con! That picture looks like it's from the Pottery Barn catalog:) Very nice table.

Heidi Joncas said...

I love it!! The table looks so good. I was glad to see you guys at the track meet.