Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Being Girly (Almost)

Abbey had a Halloween party at school. It was a big day for her. She wore her costume, went trick-or-treating, and brought birthday cupcakes to school. She was so excited for that party day! I thought we should make her look extra cute in her costume (a pink unicorn horse) by curling her hair in those traditional pink sponge curlers.
This would be the first time she would have her hair curled. She loved the idea and sat still for me while I put the curlers in. Off she went to bed with the curlers in her hair.
A few hours after falling asleep, she cried and cried. She didn't want the curlers in her hair. She didn't care if her hair wasn't going to be curly for her party. She had enough of being "girly!"

3 comments:

David Merrill Family said...

I bet she would look cute with curly hair. She is getting so big.

CHRISTINE said...

I don't blame her for waking up and wanting them out. Do YOU remember how uncomfortable those things were to sleep in? I was so happy when mom started putting those rags in our hair! Try those sometime...

Carrie Elder said...

Oooohh... THATS why she was crying: )