Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Four Years Old!

We celebrated Abigail's fourth Birthday princess style once again. I love the princess stage! We added a little to our decorations from last year but kept it low key. No staying up all night for a huge castle cake for me!! We didn't even send out invitations this year. It was easy going, mostly stress free and a lot of fun. (Which was needed seeing that it was Halloween, with a lot more to come that evening!) Look at my little Birthday girl! I can't believe she is four, that sounds so old now! She picked out her Birthday outfit all by herself. A skirt with pink shirt, too cute!

She was so excited for her Birthday this year. She would go on and on about the things she wanted. I started to hate the toy commercials ("I want that for my Birthday!"). I took her to toys-r-us and let her look at all the toys to get an idea of what she wanted. That was... fun... I noticed that she wanted almost everything that had to do with Disney princesses. So that is what we got her.

It was funny watching Mike at the toy stores. He was a good sport looking at all the princesses and pink. After Abbey's birthday, we went to exchange a princess and I didn't put Mike in a cart. He took advantage of that by running straight to the boys side. All cars, robots and blue! He needs a brother in the worst way! But when it came down to it... he didn't care that the balloons were pink, as long as he had one to run around with. What a little stud!

Look at those presents... how fun to be a four year old again with princess presents!

I love all these little kids. They are Abbey's cousins. All you need to make a party are cousins to play with! Look how happy they are to sit around Abbey and watch/help her open gifts.

This was pretty funny... Mike loves to act like a baby. He will find car seats, swings, bumbo's and anything else to do with a baby. He sat in Levi's chair and was being a silly baby making fake crying noises.

Aunt Christine bought Abbey a pink frilly dress. She was so excited about it and had to try it on right away. She was loving the attention... twirling around and laughing.


One of the many excited faces after opening a gift.

Apparently everyone was excited about this gift. Look at all those boys, I'm glad Parker was there to represent!

Look at that concentration, tongue out and all!

Here is her princess cake. I had fun making this one. Tim helped by rolling out the fondant to cover the cake. He got pretty good at it from last year! All Abbey wanted were the princesses on top to play with. She could hardly wait to blow out the candles so she could play with them.

All the kids in awe of the lite candles.


What a good day for Abbey. Thanks everyone for coming over and celebrating with us!!

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

I love how she got embarrest trying the dress on and laughed out loud...she's too funny!

David Merrill Family said...

tHANKS FOR THE UPDATE. I LOVED THESE POSTS. LOVE YOU ALL.