Monday, August 6, 2007

Hanging Out For The Last Time!

My only girlfriend who isn't a actual member of my family happens to be Dara Williams. Her husband is Curtis, Tim's old missionary friend from Washington. They moved here to AZ just about a year ago. Tim and I have enjoyed going camping with them while we lived in Payson and then hanging out once we moved down to Gilbert. We have had a lot of good dinners and game nights together. Dara and I have hung out more lately since our husbands have odd hour jobs. I have enjoyed having a good friend that I can talk for hours with. It made it even more fun to talk with Dara once she got pregnant with their first baby. They are expecting a boy early November! I know that at times it has been hard for the Williams because they have no family here in Arizona. Once you are expecting and expanding your family that fact seems to become more pressing. So, as no surprise to Tim and I, Dara called me up last month and announced they will be moving back to Washington in a few weeks! They sure didn't waist any time once they made their decision to move! They will be leaving on Wednesday! I was sad but completely understand the need to move back home. Dara and I got to hang out last Thursday for the last time. We went shopping at Old Navy and Chandler mall with Carrie and Abbey. Lunch was really good at California Pizza Kitchen too. Once we got back for Abbey's nap we had a couple of hours of good girl talk. I think that even though they will be all the way in Washington, we will continue to be good friends. Not just because Tim and Curtis have kept a relationship since their mission days, but because Dara and I became good friends too! We were able to go out to lunch with them on Tuesday after Tim and Curtis loaded up the moving truck! It was a little sad to actually say goodbye. Hopefully we can visit them and go to Seattle some time next year! We wish them all the luck in the world and will miss them!

1 comment:

CHRISTINE said...

I didn't realize they were leaving so soon. I'm glad you had fun with Dara while she was here.