Thursday, October 18, 2007

Wolves, Bears and Webelos, Oh My!

Last night our Cubs had their Rain gutter Regatta for Pack Meeting. What a crazy night... I ended up taking Abbey with me, which I usually don't have to do since I am lucky enough to have Carrie most graciously watch her for me. But she was unavailable for the evening. So Abbey accompanied me to the family packed event. There were little kids running around everywhere and soon Abbey was joining them. She was in awe of all the activity, and decided she would help out with flag ceremony by standing in line with the flag boys and trying her best to salute with her finger by her eye! (That made me laugh so hard, she was so serious!) Due to my Bear Leader duties I wasn't able to watch Abbey as closely as I usually do. Needless to say she must have became very familiar with the halls of our church building. When she was missing for too long I would dash out to try to find her. The last time this happened she was around the Bishop's offices where there wasn't as many lights on... She was calling "Mama" very timidly. I picked her up and asked her if she was scared and she of course nodded and said yes in her own language. Hopefully that will stick with her for awhile and she won't want to run off so far any more! It was a long night, we didn't get home until Abbey's bedtime. But I think all the kids had a lot of fun. One of my Bear boys got third place too! It was funny to watch how competitive those 8-10 year old boys can be. I couldn't help think to myself that Tim and I will one day have a cub scout of our very own!

No comments: