Thursday, October 11, 2007

Crazy Pregnant Lady!

OK, I don't remember being this emotional pregnant with Abbey. I think it has to do with being pregnant with a boy! I am crazy emotional! I know I have scared Tim, Abbey, and Carrie. I seem to get overwhelmed very easily and then the tears start to come! Tim is really good about it, he gives me space (mostly because he doesn't want to make anything worse) and tries to help out as much as he can. I swear it comes over the dumbest things, when the house needs some picking up or when Abbey is real defiant and a wild 2 year old! Oh well, maybe it will get better?!?


(Almost done, just need to add the sports stuff around Santa!)

Lately there hasn't been much going on in our lives to update on. I blame the fact that I am sewing a felt Christmas stocking for Christine as the reason I haven't updated much. I don't know what it is about those stockings, but I love to sew them. Christine bought one for each member of her family so she needed some help if any of them were going to be done for Christmas. I took Luke's and have been having fun with it. Thanks to Conference on Sat. and Sun. it gave me the excuse to just sit on the couch and sew all day!! After I finish it I have to start on Michael's baby blanket!


(Yes that's Oscar, our dog, in the stroller! Abbey loves to carry him around where ever, luckily she doesn't seem to get him to stay in the stroller often)

Other than that I have been chasing after Abbey. She is in dire need of some big girl toys to keep her attention! She is so sick of her baby toys! She has two whole baskets full of toys but she doesn't care about them. Instead all of her energy either goes into finding things she shouldn't be into, watching Disney movies (which is really hard to keep to a min. of 3) or running outside with the dog playing with rocks! Thank goodness it is getting cooler because she loves to play outside! The only down fall is that it brings in dirt on my kitchen floor. I guess that's better than her pouring grits on the floor from the cupboard or breaking a glass candle on the kitchen table, both of which she accomplished this morning! And I'm proud to report that she also loves to tell us "NO" pointing her finger at us, "go away" (mostly to the dog), and "let me go!" (its mumbled but I'm sure that's what she is saying as I try to get her ready for night time or change her diaper!) Oh the joys of being 2! But seriously what would I be doing with out her?
So now everyone is caught up on our lives! Hopefully with Abbey's 2nd Birthday party and Halloween coming up there will be some good photo's and stories to post!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Bring Abbey over here for a while. She can play with Quinn & Parks.

Carrie Elder said...

Connie,
I don't think you have been that crazy... or maybe I haven't been around when you are ; ). It is fun to see the difference between you and Christine when you two are pregnant. I wonder what I will be like... probably a sumo wrestler with a bad temper! The stocking is looking wonderful... I am always so amazed everytime I see it because you applique tons of stuff on it so fast! Now, as far as Abbey's toys are concerned... Auntie Carrie will take care of that in no time with her Birthday coming up!

CHRISTINE said...

I loooove the stocking! Thanks for doing that! I think, no I KNOW it will be the only one done for Christmas. Oh well! It's okay to be a little crazy while pregnant...just let it all out! I don't think you're bad, but look whose talking. I'm excited for Abbey's b-day. I just got an idea for Wyatt's costume today. Now if only I can pull it off. Looking forward to all of the fun things to post!