Friday, September 19, 2008

Abbey's Latest

Here are some of Abbey's latest developments...
Sadly, she has been outgrowing her naps. She will occasionally take a nap, but most days she doesn't. I'm okay with it since, when she doesn't take a nap, she goes to bed at 7:00! But the other day I caught her doing this...
I was on the computer while she was playing with her baby dolls in her room. She was getting them ready to "sleep." After a while of no noise coming from her room, I noticed her door was closed. I peak in to find that she had put herself down for a nap! She covered herself with her blankets and everything! What a silly girl.

This next one probably doesn't seem that great to everyone else, but to me it's a big development. I was making a store list and Abbey wanted to draw on my paper. So I let her, and this is what I saw...

No longer is she just scribbling all over the paper. She was trying to draw people! You see the arms and legs coming out of the ovals that she connected together? I think there was a little hair coming out of the tops too. I asked her what she was drawing and she pointed out Aunt Carrie, Daddy and Abbey. That's nice, but where am I?

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

How fun she drew people! I think that is way exciting. I with I had kept Bode's earlier drawings so that you could see the development on their little cognitive skills. Way to go Abbey!

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Oh my gosh - that's so cute that she drew people. I love little kid drawings! Little Abbey! :)

David Merrill Family said...

I love it.