Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wheat Is The Way To Go

Phase two of South Beach allows wheat bread. I guess we are lucky to have Dad going through a huge wheat phase... he has all the knowledge and tools to make wheat treats like yummy breads and pancakes (thanks to Shar's Kitchen). So Tim and I took advantage and ground some of our wheat from storage and, with a few tips from Dad, made some wheat bread. Tim was really excited to add bread to his diet, so he was on top of mixing the bread ingredients. I put the dough in the pans and cooked them to perfection! I think they turned out great. We are very proud of them and are sold on grinding your own wheat to make your bread. It is YUMMY!
Is it still healthy if you smother butter on your piece of bread?



Check out Shar's Kitchen... it has lots of cool kitchen gadgets and ingredients. Plus she does free cooking classes. We are sold on her recipes for wheat bread, cinnamon raisin bread, and wheat pancakes!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Holy cow! I really stink at wheat bread, I'll have to get that recipe from you! :) It looks SO good!

CHRISTINE said...

Well, Well! Looks like you're on the wheat train too :) I am sure Tim is loving whatever bread he can get his hands on! I am really impressed that he has stuck with this. The bread looks delicous...I want some too. I have been wanting to get the recipe, but dad hasn't sent it. I loved all of your posts! Mikey is ADORABLE!! What a sweet and happy little guy. I was glad you posted some pictures of Paisley. She is a cutie! Let me know if I can help you helping Jill. (Did that make sense?) Love you.

Carrie Elder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Elder said...

You know how I feel about my wheat in the AM... Can't live without it!

David Merrill Family said...

I have never made bread that looked that impressive. Gotta have the recipe! Way to go Tim and Connie

Curtis & Dara Williams said...

I am so glad you guys are doing well!! My friend is on a diet that she can only eat rye bread. (YUCK) and I tried to help her make some but I am just not a baker!! I can cook but when it comes to letting something rise or when flour gets involved I check out!! And then to hear that you made it using you food storage wheat. That has to be double or triple the points!! Yeah for domestic Connie and Tim!!