Thursday, December 6, 2007

Adios Mi Amor!

I don't know if my title is correct. I will have to ask Tim when he gets home because he should be fluent in Spanish by then! That's right, Tim left to Tucson on Sunday to start his Spanish Immersion Class. The best way to describe what he is doing is to use the MTC as an example. He is living at this training compound until 12:00pm next Thursday! They feed him there and everything! Everyday he has classes, pretty much all day long with a 2 hour siesta during lunch. Starting yesterday, everyone is only allowed to speak Spanish. They signed a contract saying they wouldn't speak English and if caught they would be sent home!! Eight days of straight Spanish!! That means no calling home unless we speak Spanish together. He has texted me in Spanish though... asking for a picture of Abbey and me for class. His instructor said that by the end of the class, they will be thinking in Spanish and may even have a hard time speaking English again. Great, I get to spend my holidays with a Spanish man!! Abbey and I have been missing him a lot and will take him anyway we can get him! And I know he misses us too. But distance makes the heart grow fonder right!

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I guess he could talk to Pete who could in turn talk to you!?! I would go crazy not being able to talk to Jer.

CHRISTINE said...

So sorry Tim has to be gone for so long! It has been fun watching Abbey and seeing you, though! Thankgoodness you've been busy while he's been away. Sorry you can't talk to him!

Carrie Elder said...

I laughed out loud when I read that you will be spending Christmas with a spanish man... Feliz Navidad!