Sunday, December 9, 2007

Como?

For those of you wondering how Tim is doing, I thought I would give a little update. I got to talk to him yesterday (in english!). He called to make sure I was okay since I didn't answer his spanish text message the night before. It took me by surprise when after saying hi and that "I MISS YOU" I couldn't hold back the tears! We didn't get to say a ton since Tim didn't have much time to talk (probably since he was sneaking around and breaking the rules by calling me).

After our conversation, he asked his instructors permission to call me, most likely using the excuse that I am pregnant and hormonal! So that night I got to talk to him for a good while. Tim is doing really well, in fact he said he is doing better than he thought he would with the 24/7 Spanish. Turns out that there are only 3 guys he can actually carry conversations with, since everyone else isn't that advanced yet! He has even impressed his instructors (no surprise there, due to Tim's overachieving genes:)!)

He informed me that he is now dreaming in Spanish. His roommate said he heard him talking in his sleep, something about his wife!! (lets hope that his roommate isn't one of the three who understand Spanish well!). While talking to me, he had a hard time thinking of the words he needed in English. I had to finish his sentences once or twice!

And the final bit of interesting news is that Tim thinks he has gained 10 pounds since being there! Thats right. The new dress pants we bought him were by no means tight, now he says they are. Tim blamed it on sitting all day and only moving to go eat (like the MTC)... oh and also because he misses Abbey and me!

There you have it... looks like by the time he gets home he will be a full blown Spanish speaking man! I am so proud of him. It has been a big sacrifice for us both, but we know it will make him a better officer. Only four more days to go...

4 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

Awwww... Connie! It makes me sad to think that you cried! You miss your hubby:( I'm sure it doesn't help that some people around you are depressing!
That's funny that he dreams in spanish! Muy Caliente... ay, ay, ay!

Heidi Joncas said...

Connie when does Tim come home because we should play settlers of catan some night this week with as many brave souls that want to loose to us right!! This is Jeremiah

CHRISTINE said...

You did so well while he was gone! I know it wasn't fun having him away, but I enjoyed spending more time with you! I love how he was dreaming in spanish and how he thinks he's gained 10 pounds. After seeing him last night I don't think he looks any different! No worries.

CHRISTINE said...

Wow! I love the new pictures you've put up...can you tell me who took those?...they're beautiful!