Thursday, December 20, 2007

Crazy Morning

This morning was crazy. Have you ever had one of those days where it feels like your kid is determined to get into everything... and as soon as you clean the most recent mess they are onto making another? That sums up my morning. The funny thing was, instead of getting frustrated or angry, I actually marveled and enjoyed the thought process of a two year old! I couldn't believe the things she got into today.

She started out by pulling out all of our card games and ripping all the packages to get to the cards, which she then spread everywhere. The worst was that she opened up our Apples to Apples game... do you know how many cards come with that game? (just shy of about 1,000 cards, no joke). Once I started cleaning the cards, she decides to go downstairs (without mom) so she can get into more trouble!

Sure enough, as soon as I walk down I notice wrapping paper on the floor. She got into the gifts that Jill and John, and Grandma and Grandpa Merrill gave us. They were on the dinning room table, so she climbed up and had a blast! I purposely haven't put any presents under the tree for this very reason! Oh well, I guess I will re wrap them.After all of this I got smart and put our gate up to keep her upstairs with me. I proceeded with my original plan to get laundry and bathrooms cleaned. While doing so Abbey was playing and picking up odd and in's around upstairs. After a while she comes in with her stroller full of goodies. She had gotten the baby bottles and pacifiers I put aside for baby Micheal. Among other little toys there was also my prenatal vitamins, Tim's hand cuff holder and his brass buckle. On one side she hung her basket of ponies and on the other her wooden doll with the felt dress up clothes. She was wearing her cat ears headband and my high heels. It made me laugh to say the least! (Don't look at the messy room behind her please!!)
Once she was bored of playing she wanted to help me clean toilets. As I was cleaning her bathrooms toilet, I found her in my bathroom with the toilet brush cleaning my toilet. I thanked her and as we walked out of the bathroom I locked the door behind us. What a silly girl. Her mind goes a mile a minute I'm sure. I feel so special to witness her individuality grow and mature. I can't believe how much she has grown this past year! Little ones grow up so fast.

3 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

She has grown so much... it makes my heart heart! I love Miss Abs, and she knows it! By the way... you misspelt your sons name! You spelt it Micheal... when it's Michael. Just thought you should know:) I love it!

David Merrill Family said...

I don't know. I thought the Oscar video was funny. But this is funny!! Abbey is precious. These blogs are like journals. I hope you are saving them.

CHRISTINE said...

I'm proud of you for just enjoying her! I have really had to try and do that with Wyatt lately. When I'm not so serious about life and trying to get things done I find that I can enjoy him much more and that life is more enjoyable in all! I love Abbey!