Thursday, July 24, 2008

Four Years of Marital Bliss


Tim and I celebrated our Four Year Anniversary on the 16th. I can't believe it has already been four years! I feel like we should still be celebrating our third. One thing I have learned these past four years is that life goes on and sometimes you just need to go with it! It is nice to take a breather every once in awhile though. That's one of the reasons why I love Tim so much... he completely understands the importance of doing that occasionally. He planned a overnight stay at a resort along with a romantic dinner at The Melting Pot for our celebration. We even went shopping at Scottsdale mall, where we bought some cool stuff at Lush. Christine and Jared were kind enough to watch the kids over night. In spite of my freaking and stressing out the week prior about pumping breast milk for Michael... Tim and I were able to relax and enjoy our time together. It's funny how I forget how much fun we have together with out kids. Not that we don't have fun with kids, its just a different kid of fun... I guess a little more selfish kind of fun. Its like the weight and responsibility of being a parent lifts for a little while. It's also funny to notice how much you miss your kids when you are away from them. Anyways, we had a great four year anniversary. I love you Tim and am so happy to go through all the craziness of life with you by my side!



20 Things I Have Learned About Tim in 4 Years of Marriage...


1. His favorite color is yellow, you would think it was brown because he loves to wear brown, but it is yellow. In fact, if he had his dream car it would be a Corvette in classic bright yellow!


2. He loves to shine his work boots because it sooths him?


3. He loves to watch TV (even daytime TV's court shows) but never, ever sports!


4. He prefers chocolate over candy. But at the movies has to have red vines (not licorice) with popcorn and diet Pepsi.


5. His favorite thing to do is sleep. He would sleep all day if I didn't come in and wake him up. And if he gets sick... he will be sleeping all day. Oh yeah, he snores too.


6. On the subject of sleep, Tim likes to sleep on the right side of the bed.


7. When it comes to weight, he can be worse than a girl. I think he says he is fat more than I do.


8. He thinks his voice is high and doesn't like hearing it on his work radio. He is especially insecure about using an even higher voice when talking with Abbey and Mikey.


9. He claims not to like girl movies but secretly is a big softy who loves romantic stuff.


10. He will order one of the most expensive items on a menu more often than not... ribs, steak, seafood and special combos are among the favorite (and he doesn't split his plate to my dismay).


11. He loves to whistle along to music, he says he gets it from his dad.


12. He has the most kind heart and would do anything to help out. He doesn't have any macho-ism in him... he helps me with house chores and the kids all the time.


13. He loves to cook. Chicken Parmesan is a new favorite and he is getting really good at making it taste like Macaroni Grills. He even will make bread and cinnamon rolls on occasion!


14. He hates being late.


15. He has to say and be told "I Love You" at the end of a phone call or before he leaves. If we don't he will call back to!


16. He loves electronics, especially phones... he will tinker with them for hours (I hate that!).


17. He loves his Abigail and Michael. His favorite thing to do is cuddle on the couch with them. He secretly enjoys it when Abbey cries for him over me.


18. There is such a thing as a vacation Tim... he becomes so easy going and relaxed on vacations. He is up for anything even if he doesn't feel his best... like having stomach issues in Mexico and still going kayaking or double ear infections in California and still body surfing and hanging out at the beach!


19. He would live in Seattle if family weren't in Arizona.


20. Last, but not least, he loves me... even when I'm at my worst!

4 comments:

Camron and Lonna Connolly said...

Hey congrats! we're going on four years too! Miss you guys!

CHRISTINE said...

Connie,I love those pictures you took! They look professional! Congratulations on 4 years together. I really am glad I could watch the kids and help out. I especially liked the 20 things you've learned about Tim. I'm looking forward to the "Vacation Tim" coming up! Love you guys.

Jill said...

What a cute post, I'm glad you guys had a fun time. :) Congratulations on 4 years! Tim does have a "tender heart" doesn't he? That's nice. :)

David Merrill Family said...

Tim gets his tender heart from his Grandpa Merrill. We enjoyed the blog and wish you a great fifth year of marriage.