Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tim's worst day ever and Connie's best!

Those of you who know us real well, you probably know about the worst decision Tim has ever made in our married life.... Buying that stupid green motorcycle!! (green is a fitting color because it takes all of our greenbacks!) So, today has been the worst and best day for the both of us seeing that the motorcycle has been officially put up for sale!!!! (refer to traderonline.com and next months issue of cycle trader) Now don't get me wrong. Selling the motorcycle wasn't the thing that made it Tim's worst day ever. In fact, selling the motorcycle really is a great thing because it has been such a stress to him! What made it a bad day was the events leading up to getting the "dust collecting green machine" ready to be sold. It started yesterday with having to go buy a new battery. The old one was dead and un-rechargeable. The new one had to be charged all night and included Tim pouring the sulfuric acid into the battery himself (scary). Then the brake fluid had to be replenished and the chain oiled. Once the motorcycle was okay to ride, Tim rode it around the storage units parking lot. Tim told me that in the process he thought to himself "I hope I never have to ride that motorcycle again, every time I see it I hate it even more!" He ended the day with parking it back inside the unit amongst the many boxes piled high. After a well deserved nights rest Tim went back to the storage unit to change out the old battery with the new, now charged, battery. After lifting the door up he discovered that a box had fallen on top of the bike and broken off the side mirror!! Who knows how much that will cost but at least he got a picture of the bike yesterday before it was broken off. Needless to say my wonderful husband who never needs to hear "I told you so" came home feeling like he was being punished in some odd way. (I promise I really didn't say "I told you so") But all in all we are very happy and excited (and maybe a little nervous) to sell the motorcycle and get us out of unnecessary debt. So if anyone knows someone who would like to buy a beautiful green, hardly used, hardly been over 80 miles per hour and ridden only a handful of times motorcycle... contact us! (we will be replacing the mirror and will even include the jacket and helmet!)

3 comments:

off woodland lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

I love the picture of you smiling in the rear view mirror! So funny! I hope you sell it FAST...

Heidi Joncas said...

Sorry about having to sell the motorcycle, but I agree with Connie. To bad about the mirror. Hope it sells fast!