Friday, September 7, 2007

St. David

Saturday, Aug. 25th, we headed out to St. David to visit Pete, Brit, Meg, and Mel for the weekend. We had a lot of fun seeing how the other "Merrill's" spend their days at home. Abbey sure enjoyed playing with her cousins Megan and Melanie. They went swimming, played with dogs and puppies, rode in a big grocery cart, went to Nursery and church together, water color painted, and played with toys as much as they could! Us adults got to enjoy the cooler weather, BBQ and watch the kids play while we talked! I know that Tim and Pete enjoyed catching up, they don't get to see each other much since both of their schedules are demanding. I always like seeing Tim with his older brother, there is a bond there that is fun to observe. Plus they are so much alike in many ways! That makes it fun to talk with Brittney too, both of us being married to Merrill boys allows for some fun discussions! Brittney and Peter amaze me, they are such great examples of sacrifice and enjoying what you have in the moment. While relaxing in small town fashion something very unexpected came our way. The neighbor across the street had little Yorkie puppies. I happened to notice them and Brittney assured me that we could take one over for the girls to play with. That was the end of it... I became attached to a very cuddly male puppy. Abbey has been really obsessed every time she sees a dog so I knew that she would love a puppy around. It didn't take Tim long to agree. So we ended up taking a puppy home with us on Monday! All thanks to Brittney, just kidding... we all know that it really was me. So needless to say we had a lot of fun visiting for the weekend. It was the perfect way to end our two week vacation.

5 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Yea! I am glad you updated your blog. Abbey is so cute in her swimming suit. She is so chunky, I love it. Cute little puppy to, what is his name?

Carrie Elder said...

Connie, I'm sooo glad you updated! Yippe!

David Merrill Family said...

I am glad too! So many fun pictures. I love Oscar. I am glad he is feeling better.

CHRISTINE said...

Yeah! New posts and pictures. It was fun reading about your fun birthdays and Cali vacation. I'm glad you had a good time with Pete and Brittany too. Love you and cute Oscar too!

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

Connie, I have to tell you I had Melanie on my lap while we looked thru your pictures and she kept saying I miss my friend!!
Thanks for coming and seeing us it WAS really enjoyable to just relax and visit! And I am glad that Oscar is a good fit for your family, I till need to send a baby gift for him!