Friday, September 7, 2007

It's About Time Right?

Sorry about it being just about a month since my last post. You know the feeling of being blog overwhelmed from being behind in your posts? I have had that nagging feeling in the back of my head for about a month now! I guess I thought if I just ignored it would go away. It doesn't help to procrastinate either! You think I would have learned that after many late nights finishing school work or packing for a trip! Oh well, here it goes...
As some of you know Tim had a little over a two week vacation the end of August! We took full advantage of our time off together by heading out first to Newport Beach, California! I must admit, I wasn't feeling that excited about the vacation before we left. I think it had to do with the fact I was a little nervous about it just being Tim, Abbey and me for a week! I mean, who is that excited to drive 6 hours with a almost 2 year old and have to go back to the hotel for naps in the middle of the day? I was so wrong. We had a blast! Abbey did really well on the car rides, considering she was stuck in a car seat the whole time. Having bought her the Curious George movie for her viewing pleasure, it made the car trips 100% better! As far as Tim and I, listening to Jack Johnson anytime we were in the car helped our moods to be cool and calm. In the end I think it really helped that it was just our little family, we were quite in tune with one another by the time we got home.







It is pretty easy to sum up what we did in California, we went to the beach every day except one day! The one exception was our trip to the outlet mall in Carlsbad to buy some new digs for mine and Tim's birthdays! There was a lot of playing in the sand and surf, running after fearless and social Abbey, reading books (mostly on my part), eating snacks like chocolate covered bananas and ice cream, walking on the boardwalk, going to restaurants for dinner, and naps! Towards the end of our stay my dad came out to eat a good dinner with us and to see Abbey. He ended up giving us his hotel points to stay two extra days!! We were very grateful for the opportunity to extend our stay. I think we squeezed in as much beach time as possible. Or last day we were slightly pink skinned and ready to get back home. Tim and I have decided that everyone needs to move to California, the weather is so nice and you can't beat going to the beach whenever you want!

6 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

I think your vacation looked like a blast! I'm so glad you guys got to go on a vacation... get a little R & R!

David Merrill Family said...

Thanks for all those pictures. You look like you had a great time. Good for you guys to go! Abbey's pictures are so funny. She makes me laugh. What was she doing with her head in the sand?

David Merrill Family said...

Oh ya! Love the boobies.

Jill said...

what is my mom talking about? I missed the boobies??? Anyhow, I agree...we should all move to California. No question, it's the best weather year round! I loved your posts! Abbey makes the silliest faces! :) Oh, and John & I agree that Tim needs to save the mustache for when he turns 40! Just kidding, Tim! John's just jealous b/c he can't even grow a goatee. :) Looks like things are going well!

CHRISTINE said...

I just love the picture of Abbey running on the beach in her pink suit! Won't that be fun to put on her wedding video some day! :)

Peter and Brittany Merrill said...

Looking at all the beach pictures makes you want to go back and do it all over again huh!
What a fun Vacation!