Tuesday, November 27, 2007

BiG BoY!

Today I had my third ultrasound and diabetes testing. It was a long appointment but very interesting! The ultrasound came first. It was fun to see him moving around in there as usual. I even got to see him yawn really big! He likes to keep his arm and hand around his face so the tech couldn't get a real clear 3D picture of his face. She showed me his boy parts, which looked huge on that little screen. No mistaking his sex! The tech also mentioned that he was growing really well and very healthy looking. He is a big boy in the 96%!! When she gave me the pictures I finally got to examine the 3D of his face. Despite the hand and arm in the way I instantly saw how much he looks like his big sister!! The anticipation that he might actually look like me is no longer... looks like it will be another mini Tim.




Next came the sugar drink that burns your throat! While waiting the hour to get the blood work done, I saw my doctor for the follow up of the ultrasound. She too mentioned that he is a big boy, as was the case the last ultrasound. Since he is continuing the trend of being in a high percentile, she decided that to be safe, I will go in for a level 2 ultrasound next Monday. It will be a little bit more extensive in the measuring, to make sure that everything is normal. She said that everything was probably normal, but they just want to be on the safe side and check. This all really didn't surprise me, considering how big Abigail was and still is. We were told when Abbey was born that she was a boarder line large baby. So they did extra testing on her blood sugar and everything came back normal. Abbey has always been on the upper side of the percentiles with her growth. I'm not too worried, I just hope I don't have a ten pound baby!!
It's a BOY!! (if you can tell?) Profile of Michael

5 comments:

Jill said...

Love the ultrasound picture. It makes me smile! You are right...they do look the same. :o)

Heidi Joncas said...

How fun. Ultrasounds appointments are the best. He does look like Abbi from what I can see.

CHRISTINE said...

That picture of newborn Abbey makes me laugh (not at her, but just at what you said about her)! Connie, Abbey is adorable and Michael will be too!! I know everything will be fine, and don't worry, if he does turn out to be 10pounds you shouldn't feel a thing!

David Merrill Family said...

OK, I can't see it. I have studied it and am sooo impressed with what detail there is but I think it is still too soon to say. The dirty little secret is, Connie, that we are only vessels for Merrill genes to pass through so chances are.......hope you are surviving these training days with Tim away.

Porter and Karla said...

just think whatever weight you gain 10lbs instantly gone! im sure everything is fine,you sound like you like sugar as much as i do so you're probibly just plumping him up, i hope your test comes back good, my first one didnt and i had to do the three hour one. cute baby pic of abby by the way!