Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Our Little Song Bird

Yet another thing that I adore about my girl... she loves to sing, or I should say attempt to sing. This has been going on for a while now and she is actually getting better (by saying that I mean she will sort of be on tune!). Abbey has always loved music and singing since she was a baby. It would grab her attention like nothing else. I remember leading music in Relief Society up in Payson and she would sit on one of the ladies laps in the ward and just stare at me with the widest eyes (I think she was just a few months old, not even crawling). We sing songs before bedtime every night too. Lately she has been trying to sing along with me, which always makes me laugh and in return she laughs too. The funniest is at church. She will pretend to use the hymn book during the songs and will just sing out as loud as she can. Now she adds in some words here and there like "Abbey", "Daddy", "Mama", and "Papa." One time she got excited to go to Nursery (which she calls "Bubbles" because that is her favorite part about Nursery) during the closing hymn and in between her singing she laughed excitedly and sang "Bubbles!" She also sings to her movies songs sometimes. There is a commercial of some Land Before Time sequel on her Curious George movie that she loves. It is called Flip, Flap and Fly and Tim and I almost know all the words since we play it in the car all the time. Lady and the Tramp is another favorite of hers, she sings with the howling dogs in the pound! It's funny how I get use to her doing these things and don't think that it is a big enough deal to document. So I need to thank Carrie for seeing it as something that needs to be recorded. She took my camera the other day and recorded Abbey singing along with Lady and the Tramp. I hope you enjoy...

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Carrie told me about Abbey singing "Bubbles" in nursery, but it still made me laugh when reading! I love how she sings all of the names she knows...it's like when Wyatt gets really mad and he shouts all of our names! Abbey is such a cutie and will be the best big sister. I love her! Please come and play soon.

Heidi Joncas said...

Bode is "singing" all the time too. He catches a beat from music and just starts singing. Especially at church. Actually he is in his crib right now, supposed to be taking a nap, but instead he is singing up a storm.