Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bikes, Gelato and Beach Shops

Bikes

One of our days we enjoyed the beach view from our rented bikes. It turns out that they do make bikes with baby seats! The helmet they gave us was a little too big for Mike though!

We got a good laugh out of it... Mike couldn't hold his head up because of the weight of the huge thing!

So he ended up just wearing his sun hat instead, still just as cute.

And Abbey got the helmet. She thought she was so cool to ride on the back with Dad. It even had little handle bars for her to hold on to. I think we need to get her a bike for her birthday!

I got to ride with Mike, who promptly ended up doing this...

I felt really bad for him, he was really falling over and my leg kept moving him up and down! But I got a lot of comments as I rode by people about how cute he was. Plus I couldn't help but laugh at how out he was... he was like a rag doll most of the ride!

The only down side to our ride were the annoying people who thought they were in a bike race... they would ring there stupid bike bells and whiz past you like you were in the way!! Hello... the speed limit was like 7 mph!! Where was the race?... Anyway, we rode down to Balboa Pier and ate and the Ruby's on the end. It was a great lunch. Here Abbey was playing with the little boat they gave her. Which kept her attention for two seconds.

We were really happy to get our food... the bike ride worked up quiet the appetite.

Aunt Carrie got Abbey to stay still long enough for a picture. She was all over those bar stools!

If you look to the right of her, you see she even brought her drink with her. She is so dang independent. I guess she thought the bar stools were cooler than our table.

Outside we spotted this Bob Marley bike... how cool is that? I couldn't believe how pimped out it was with Bob Marley stuff!


Gelato

This was our Gelato stop after lunch one day. The year before we had really good strawberry gelato. Tim decided to try the papaya this year. Not so good...

Here I am throwing it away while plugging my nose... because for all of those who don't know, papaya smells and tastes like dirty feet with Parmesan cheese!! Gross!!

Abbey stuck with the strawberry. It was very good.
Especially with a little sand. (click on it to see the up close of her face!)


Beach Shops

We also enjoyed the little beach shops by the pier. I guess I am out of the fashion loop, because I had no idea that these 80's glasses were back in style! The black ones with neon sides are back in too apparently!

Carrie always seems to make the appropriate faces with things like this... it makes me laugh.

Tim, on the other hand, enjoyed the mannequin... maybe he is just dreaming about something he doesn't have?

3 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Love it! Looks like a lot of fun, except for the stinky papaya gelato!

Raine said...

Hey Connie-
It's Raine (Sherwood). I stayed up so late last night reading all about your fam. It was so fun getting caught up. Tell Christine I said hi and if she wants to invite me to see her blog my e-mail is rrtuckfield@yahoo.com. Your family is so dang cute! You can go check out my blog I finally have it up and running. tuckfieldtimes.blogspot.com

Carrie Elder said...

I liked that day we rode bikes and ate at the pier... it was one of my favorite days: ) I especially liked your "voice" bike bell... remember? Haha!