Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wyatt the Hairdresser

Earlier this month I watched my nephews, Wyatt and Luke for a few hours. (Here they are all together in a rare moment of stillness while watching Cars. It was the calm before the storm!)Wyatt and Abbey are pretty much exactly two months apart, Wyatt being older. They have a unique bond. They are crazy together! Crazy having fun, crazy fighting over toys, crazy being hyper, crazy laughing... just plain crazy!! True to their craziness... I caught Wyatt cutting Abbey's hair in her bedroom. It was pretty funny. I heard swishing like scissors from her room and knew in about two seconds what was happening. Sure enough Abbey was standing near her door with Wyatt behind her cutting chunks out of the back of her hair. It was pretty comical... I have a hard time explaining what they looked like... the best way is to say that they were just chatting away like they were enjoying a day at the hair salon! Abbey was completely happy and trusting of Wyatt, standing still for him. Wyatt was confident and chatting away as he was cutting! I tried my best to get some pictures of them in action but they knew they were doing something naughty. Therefore you see the progression of the door being slammed in my face! I have to say, Wyatt did a pretty good job considering he is a two year old. He took some pretty good chunks out but amazingly they blended pretty well. After getting her hair professionally trimmed and blended, you can hardly tell except for a small chunk near the crown of her head. I would say Wyatt has a good future in the hairdresser business!! (This picture was right after the incident... assessing the damage!)
PS sorry about the quality of the pictures... the flash wasn't on and they turned out a little fuzzy

3 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Sorry Connie! I forgot Wyatt did that...and you can barely tell. Funny! I love how you explain everything.

Cameron and Jenny Webb said...

Oh my gosh - I never knew about this! That is hilarious. They are so funny...

Carrie Elder said...

I can just picture Wyatt chatting away... snip, snip... haha! That is really funny: )