Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sand, Sand and More Sand!

Everyone asks me what we did when we were in California... We mostly went to the BEACH! Five out of the seven full days we were there (not counting the traveling days) we went to the beach. We loved every minute and I can definitely say that we got our share of sand and water for the year! (Although I did feel a little bad for Carrie, who has no kids and therefore could go many cool places in California but was stuck with us... she asked me one day "are we going to go to the beach every day?")
Our camp was pretty sweet. We had a shade tent where we put up a camping table, chairs and Mike's pack-n-play. A big umbrella would give shade too. By the end of our trip we invested in some boogie boards, more buckets for Abbey, and paddle balls.
Abbey loved the sand and making holes where the surf would fill it up with water. She would find other peoples abandoned holes and clam them as her own. She also loved to play in the water.
Mike got to play in the sand a little, but mostly he hung out in the pack-n-play with his toys and would take great naps lulled by the sound of the waves.
Us adults enjoyed reading books, braving the rip tides to body/boogie surf, and laying in the sun. And of course we ran after the kids a lot!
By the end of the week the rest of my siblings and their kids joined us for a day of beach fun. It was nice for Abbey to have Wyatt and Luke to run around with, instead of mom and dad! And Mike got to hang out with Stella in the tent!

4 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

I love the whole beach set up you had. That would make it so much easier to deal with little babies on the beach. It looks like Abbey had a blast. I love all here swimming suits!

Jill said...

Oh, I am so happy you posted all these pictures. We didn't go to the beach this year, I am so jealous! :) It looks like SO much fun! I like all of Abbey's swimming suits too!

CHRISTINE said...

I love that picture of Mikey in the pack-n-play! Also, isn't it great that Abbey and Wyatt were drinking that dirty water!! Oh what fun we had.

Carrie Elder said...

Awww, I loved going to the beach everyday, silly! That vacation was perfect... I wouldnt have had it any other way! It made disney land that much more exciting and fun... it was perfect.