Sunday, August 24, 2008

Happy Birthday to Us!

Okay, Carrie and Christine have the majority of the pictures from California that I need to have in order to post more about our vacation. So in the meantime I thought I would post about Birthdays!

Happy Birthday Timothy!
(This is Tim with his Birthday Dessert... Ricotta Cheese with Cocoa and Splenda, read why further down! There is a candle in it but you can't tell in the picture.)


Tim turned 27 this Friday. He actually had this weekend off so we have been enjoying another mini vacation with him home. It was a lot of fun to celebrate, we made sure it was low key seeing as we really had all the fun we could imagine in California the week before. So I let him sleep in as long as he wanted. Once we were ready for the day, we went to the San Tan mall to let Tim pick out some new cool sunglasses.

After which, we were treated to a Sweet Tomatoes lunch with Tim's parents. Who were kind enough to watch the kids so we could go to a matinee. Finishing off his day, I made Tim a gourmet South Beach Diet Dinner (Who says South Beach has to be boring!?!), and gave him a massage afterward.


I hope he felt pampered and relaxed, that was the goal! And yes, you read correctly. Tim started the South Beach Diet earlier this week. The final nail in the coffin was the picture of him in the surf looking back at the Life Guards boat that Carrie posted on her blog. He is too funny!


Happy Birthday To Me!
(yes I had a real cake with the full 26 candles)

That's right, it's my Birthday today! 26!! But we celebrated in style yesterday. Tim was so sweet. He thought he had a lot to live up to his celebration the day before! He started with letting me sleep in!! Soooo nice!! And finished it up with breakfast in bed (waffles with pureed strawberry) and a hot bath with fizz ball all to myself. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the waffles... he presented them beautifully (I think we have been watching Food Network too much!). Then before my bath was over Abbey was taken to Christine's to play the day away with Wyatt. Leaving us free to go to the mall and shop for some clothes for me! I'm not that bold to take pictures of me in my clothes, so you will have to settle for pictures of Mike at the mall.


He looks sooo chubby, probably because he is!


A little boy even made a comment to his mom about how fat he was and pushed his cheeks together like a fat boy and said "his cheeks are like this mom!" I'm pretty sure he got more giggles from others throughout our mall trip! After shopping we ate at Olive Garden for linner, it was really good. Then on to pick Abbey up and drop me off to get my toes done!


Finally at home again, we relaxed with watching a chick flick... perfect!

4 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Happy Birthday guys! Sorry I only got to leave a message. Sounds like they were both a lot of fun. I am very familiar with the ricotta cheese desert. And it is pretty darn yummy. Give me like 8 months and I will be getting all the good South Beach recipes from you guys.

CHRISTINE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wow, you guys do know how to celebrate don't you? All of the food looked and sounded really good. Can you come over and cook for me on my b-day or everyday? I'm glad you could do a little shopping. Abbey was an angel that day! I love you guys. Thanks for coming over Sunday night. Glad we could help celebrate a little more. Talk to you soon. Love you.

Jill said...

Looks like Happy Birthdays all around. :) I liked the picture of Tim's meal..nice presentation, just like the Food Network. :)

Carrie Elder said...

Mmmm.... did you say steak? I am still amazed at how that south beach diet b-day dinner looks so good! And Tim's shades are sexy!! ooooh! ; )