Friday, June 4, 2010

Our Favorite

Lately our favorite around the house is
(I'm actually posting about this while eating a cookie!) The kids have been on a "helping" me cook kick. They love to do pancakes, pizza, spinning the salad, and cookies.
This particular time Tim helped the kids. He had the great idea of putting all the measured ingredients in bowls so the kids could just dump them in. They loved it!
Look how excited Abbey is to be making cookies! (of course she was cheesing it up a little more for the picture)
Everyone gets a turn to put their ingredient in...
(notice the bruise on Mike's forehead, no idea where it came from, poor kid is accident prone)
There is a story with this picture. Look at Tim's face. He had just moved the kitchen aid back and in the process it pinched Mike's finger (accident prone remember?!?). The face says it all. So glad I captured it by accident!
Here is Mike showing me his hurt finger after he calmed down.
Tim is a very good baker and cook. He loves to be in the kitchen. His mom said that he always did like to be in the kitchen. One time he made a video of himself making eggs (did I get that right?!?). That totally makes sense, he loves eggs. At home he makes the bread for us and once he even made cinnamon rolls.
I love to bake more than cook. Its always dangerous when I watch too many food network programs that have desserts in them. I get in a baking mood. I remember helping my mom make cookies growing up. What was the best part?...
Tasting the dough of course!
Thats mostly why I make cookies... for the dough. I think the kids like to make cookies so they can eat the dough too. Its so weird to me that Tim doesn't ever eat the cookie dough. He says its because his mom scared him, always telling him you will get sick from the raw eggs. I know that can be true, but it never has happened to me thankfully.
Oh Tim, another reason I love you so much! He smiled and then looked off to the side like that on purpose. I love this man.
Yummy! Look at those babies all ready to go. They are the best all fresh out of the oven and warm! Thats why I don't have a picture of them cooked... I was busy enjoying them with a glass of milk.

3 comments:

August and Melissa said...

you are making me hungry! Yum- looks good!

CHRISTINE said...

Oh how I love reading your posts! They really always make me smile and laugh out loud. I am so happy I have a sister like you with a family like you have...I love your cute family! Tim's smile was so good, but who was he looking at? :) Poor Mikey...always getting hurt and always so sad about it. I love how Tim made a video of himself making eggs! Haha! I just baked cookies last night with the boys...4:00 was baking time...that's what was on our new activity calendar!! Did you get yours done??

Carrie Elder said...

I love chocolate chip cookies!! And I love eating your cookie dough too! Tim's picture is priceless... he's not looking at anything Chrissy! He's posing like a 1940's house wife! Haha!