Friday, June 8, 2007

Disease?!?

It seems Abigail has some kind of Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease or possibly Herpangina! Lately she has had mouth pain, which I thought was from her getting her new teeth. She has been grabbing at her mouth and fusses. But today I noticed that she had some white round bumps on the tip of her tongue! I thought maybe she had bitten her tongue and it became like a sore? She doesn't want to eat anything that is acidic. I gave her a banana and she would spit it out. I'm thinking that it isn't a big deal, go on with my normal plans for the day. Lucky for me, I planned on babysitting Wyatt tonight so Christine and Jared can go on one last date before baby Luke is born on Tuesday. Jared is a dentist so I had him look in Abbey's mouth when we arrived for the night. I can't seem to get her to open without a painful bite, but Jared got her to stick her tongue out and she had more spots on the side of her tongue! Poor baby, they look like they hurt. Dr. Williams proceeded to tell me that it is probably the two diseases mentioned above. They are viral and usually go away in a week or so. If it is Hand-Foot-Mouth Disease then she might get little blisters/rash on her hands and feet. We just have to wait it out I guess. There isn't much I can give her other than Tylenol and Orajel to help with the pain. Soft foods that aren't acidic will help to. Has anyone else had to deal with this? I hope it goes away fast!

3 comments:

Heidi Joncas said...

Poor baby girl! Best of luck with that. I bet she is so unhappy.

CHRISTINE said...

Poor Abbey!

Jill said...

Gross, don't let her come over here! Just kidding Connie...I'm sure it's probably gone by now. Poor little baby! She can come over any time still. :)