Friday, June 22, 2007

The Most Wonderful Man in the World!

So I was looking at every ones posts about Father's day when Tim looked over my shoulder and asked "When are you going to post something about me?!?" It has been a long time coming but here it is...Tim and I have almost been married for three years (July 16th it will be three years to the day) and I still think that I couldn't have found a better man for me. He is everything I need and more. My sisters give me a hard time because they think I take advantage of how much Tim will baby me. On the outside it may look like I do, but I truly know how lucky I am to have him in my life. I hope I tell and show him enough! Yes he will baby me, or maybe it is me bossing him around? (it depends on who you ask) He also puts up with my crazy quirks, like my "Nazi" cleaning as he calls it. Not to mention the emotions that come along with all that has happened this past year. He has truly been my rock of stability these past 7 months. How lucky am I to experience the hardest trial of my life so early on in our marriage. At times it can seem unfair, especially when I think of how much it effects Tim. He has had to deal with a whole move and squad change. Then, live with my dad and little sister and for almost a month my mom! Through all of this, he has let me cry on his shoulder and take my frustration out on him. He has cooked a ton of meals and taken care of Abbey when ever I needed him to. He has hung out with my sisters and me, taking us to Joanne's and other places not many guys want to go. He has even watched Abbey and Wyatt together so that us girls could get something done. Ultimately he has allowed me to be a little selfish while he has been selfless. I am so lucky to have him stick this life out with me so far (going through all of this wasn't exactly part of the deal when we got married). I feel so lucky we are able to strengthen our marriage by going through such a hard time in our lives together. I notice and know that he has given a lot to me and my family. I am so blessed to have him prove he will be the man he promised to be when we were married. I feel like we are building such a strong foundation for all the years to come. I just hope in return, I can help him through any hard trials that come his way with so much patience and love; as he has done for me. We all know marriage has its ups and downs. When one partner is down the other will be strong and lift them up, vise versa. Tim has been the strong one for me first. How blessed I am to have found this man, he is the most wonderful man in the world to me. I love him very much, in fact with all my heart!Tim has been such a wonderful Father too. Abbey loves her "daddy" very much. They are great pals. They love to cuddle and watch tv and movies together. It is so fun to watch them. They look like each other and have similar personalities. They both love TV, outdoors, being goofy, and they both love "mommy." Tim has always been a very hands on Father. He has never had the attitude of "your the mom at home and I go to work." He always has helped me with Abbey since the day she was born. He would get up and change Abbey's diapers in the middle of the night and then hand her to me to nurse her when she was just born. He has always shared in bath times and bedtimes. He also will take over when we are at restaurants! If I have one weakness it would be my ability to not tolerate Abbey at restaurants, but Tim is so patient and helpful during those times. He even tries to fix Abbey's hair sometimes, it is so cute to see the result (he is getting better though). I can't wait to see what the future years will bring with Tim being a "daddy." I know he will be so involved in our kids lives just like his dad was and still is involved with his kids.

It is funny, some people will see how Tim does so much for Abigail and me (like helping with cleaning, changing diapers etc.) and say how so you get him to do all that? Tim himself tries to act like it is because I am wearing the pants and cracking the whip (he jokes that he doesn't want to get in "trouble" by me). But the truth is that I don't ever really have to say or ask anything! He does it on his own!! And if I do ask he will usually do it with out question. That is just how wonderful Tim really is as a person. I have to give credit where credit is due, David and Tricia sure did raise a great man. I am so thankful for their love, support and example to Tim. I look at their life together and hope that Tim and I will be as successful as they have been. We have a lot to look forward to, and I am so happy that I am able to share it with the most wonderful man in the world!!

2 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Tim is a great guy. I am grateful for him in my life too! As you mentioned, he has done a lot for me too by watching Wyatt and also letting me be with you a lot. Thanks Tim!

David Merrill Family said...

Thanks, Connie. And, thanks Tim. It pleases us that you take care of your family. That is what it is all about. Family.