Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing

Today has been a lazy but anxious day! Christine is suppose to be induced today so I thought I was going to be busy welcoming baby Luke to the world. Instead it has been a day of waiting anxiously. Turns out that the hospital can't give her a room until the earliest tonight! So, instead we went and visited mom then went over to Christine and Jared's. Christine has been busy fixing up Luke's room and cleaning house for the past week. Yesterday I helped her finish last minute things like folding laundry and sweeping and mopping. So today she hasn't had a thing to do. Tim and I decided to help her day go by faster by letting Abbey and Wyatt play. We also brought over Little Caesar's $5.00 pizzas for lunch. It was fun. We left with the attitude of call us if anything changes, and came home to get Abbey and Tim down for a nap. (Tim is sleeping on the bed beside me as I post! that wasn't a joke!) What else is new with our family, I haven't been able to post as much with Abbey's fussiness with Herpangina and helping Christine out before Luke is born. I guess I can let everyone now how Abbey is doing with her illness. She is slowly getting better. The blisters have only broken out on her tongue and not her hands and feet. Therefore, thankfully it is only Herpangina. It should go away in a few more days. She really only has one more sore on the tip of her tongue, although it looked like she might get some more? I hope not. She has been drinking lots of milk, I even bought her some Ice Cream so life couldn't be that bad huh!Tim has been working real hard. He had a overtime job on Sunday before his normal shift. It was a indie filming crew filming a movie about Jake's Corner Bar down by Roosevelt. Looks like it will be a beer and motorcycle kind of a movie. Turns out the lead is someone we all know and hated when we were growing up. Who reading this remembers Kindergarten Cop? Do you remember Crisp the bad guy with the round face and dark long hair pulled in a ponytail? That was him!! What a has- been! Tim thought it was pretty funny. He said he hasn't aged at all. The film crew all thought they were hot stuff and high rollers! Tim and the other officer just laughed. They both felt lucky to have their jobs (something that really makes a difference in the world)and to have not bought into the wannabe scene.
Yesterday I got the opportunity to go into Carrie's XS Spa and get a laser treatment on my underarms for free! When Carrie first got her job the Medical Spa ladies needed a table to practice on until they got there own. I was offered to oblige by Carrie. Since I wasn't using it, I was more than happy to let them. After they were done with it, they said they would do the laser hair removal treatment on my underarms as payment. So I finally went in for the treatment yesterday. The treatment was fast and easy. It felt like a rubber band was slapping my armpit. Not the most comfortable feeling but not bad enough to bring tears to my eyes. I hope it will work. It can take a few weeks before any hair falls out and to be honest it usually takes more than one treatment. I think their payback was more of a ploy to get me to come back and pay for more treatments. So far the only difference is armpits kind of sting and itch but other than that I really don't notice anything yet.
So there you go... I hope I didn't bore anyone!

4 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

Connie, that's so funny about Crisp! Secretly I had a small crush on him when I was little! He sure is a has-been now... that's what he gets for being in a movie with Arnold.

CHRISTINE said...

Hey, I was gonna put that title as my next post! Yes, I am sitting, waiting, and wishing this was over. Love you.

David Merrill Family said...

So, does that hair go away forever? that would be a dream.

David Merrill Family said...

P.S. I hope Abbey's blisters are all gone. Poor baby.