Thursday, May 20, 2010

For Grandma Kathi

There were a lot of things mom loved. Here are two of them together!

I miss mom and have been thinking about her a lot (maybe it has something to do with Mother's day). Not really sad, but just miss her being around to share thoughts with and watch my kids grow. Lately, I've been finding things in everyday life that remind me of her. I saw these hibiscus flowers at Wal-Mart in the gardening area and I thought of mom. Abbey was more than happy to pose with the flowers for me. You'll notice that she has pigtails in her hair. You will be seeing a lot of pictures with them. She is going through a major pigtail phase. I ask her every morning what she wants me to do with her hair, lately its been the pigtails. Awhile ago it was a big ponytail. Wonder what will be next?
Whats not to love about these flowers? They are so tropical and beautiful! I really would love to have some for my home.

5 comments:

CHRISTINE said...

Connie, beautiful pictures. I love Abbey and her happy little face! Thanks for all of your help with swim lessons! I seriously owe you. Let me know when you are ready to go out again!
Mike is the best. You are so good to let him help like that. Once I let Wyatt and Luke help with the Windex and they just about used the entire bottle...

Carrie Elder said...

Mohawk? I was slightly obsessed with mohawks when I was around her age... remember the home video of me drawing? It was a man with a mohawk. I also love hibiscus flowers. They are everywhere at work, and every time I see them they remind me of mom too. There are TONS in Hawaii. Big yellow and white ones. Pretty!

Porter and Karla said...

I had this flower stuck on my window yesterday, i blew it off and it came right back and attached to my window again, it made me think of my mom and like she had something to do with it, like she was saying hi... this reminded me of it. abbey looks so adorable with those pigtails:)

David Merrill Family said...

Blogging is good for you, Connie. And it is good for me to see your heart. I am glad your relationship with your mom was so sweet.

Chris and Tenielle said...

What pretty flowers. I loved the "Oh Shiii" story about Abbey. I was crying laughing. I don't know why, but it is so funny when kids say swear words. You'll have to get Tara to tell you Alexa's F-word story. It's pretty good too. Miss you guys. Love you too!