Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread Houses


My side of the family always tries to get together every year to do gingerbread houses... some years we are able to get together... and some years Christine gets too impatient and makes one on her own! I remember the year that Tim and I were first married and Carrie and Eric made their gingerbread house. Lets just say there was a lot of arguments between those two about how to make the fake snow, coconut or frosting? (the relationship was doomed from the get go!) There are always good memories though!

So it was a lot of fun meeting up at Christine and Jared's with everyone to make our gingerbread houses. We all sold out and bought kits. I guess Christine and Carrie made some from scratch one year?!?

Here we all are... minus Tim who was taking the picture... Starting middle going left: Cameron holding Stella, Carrie, Johnny, Connie, Christine, Jared and Jenny

Christine getting ready to frost

Sorry Jared this was the only picture I got of you decorating... there are his hands putting on the "tiled" roof with Christine. They didn't wait the recommended thirty minutes for the roof to dry so due to the heaviness of the necco tiles Christine ended up holding it together for awhile.

Tim was so excited to get started that he went ahead while I was putting Michael down for bed!...

Cameron and Jenny... they had a little trouble with the chimney... it made for a good laugh

Carrie and Johnny... they were very focused and creative


Here are the finished products

I didn't get a picture of Jenny with hers before they left but here is their house...

Christine and Jared's house...

Carrie and Johnny's house...

Tim and my house... (I'm not too creative, I tried to get it to look exactly like the picture on the box)

1 comment:

CHRISTINE said...

I am quite embarrest (sp) about our house! I am have always made my own gingerbread and the house usually turns out pretty good... but this one is just plain silly! Oh well, it sure was fun.