Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tree Decorating

There is something magical about sitting in your living room, relaxing after a long day with the glow of your Christmas tree right beside you. I love it! Decorating the tree was always a big deal growing up in my family. There had to be Christmas music, everyone participating and one of the following drinks, apple cider, hot chocolate and/or eggnog. These traditions have continued with Tim and I. This year Carrie joined in the festivities too. Tim did a great job of putting the lights on and topping the tree with the final touch... the star.

Carrie and I put on the ornaments. In between we watched Elf.

And of course drank some hot chocolate.

A nice cup of eggnog to enjoy the finished product!


Here is a close up look of our tree this year...

Our newest ornament is Michael's first Christmas

It matches Abigail's first Christmas ornament, which was given to us by my mom aka "Grandma Kathi." (I try not to get sad when looking at this one and our first Christmas one too)

My Grandma Jeanne Hunsaker gave Tim and I this police angel. (if you can't see he is holding little hand cuffs!)

This was mine and Tim's first Christmas, again given to us by my mom (man I miss her!).

I love the vintage looking Santa. Its also special because Tim's Grandma Beverly Brewer gave it to us. She usually gives the grand kids ornaments every year.

Last but not least is one I grew up loving. I stole this rocking horse from my parents. I loved it as a little girl because, like Abbey, I loved horses. Abbey loves this one too and broke it... with a little glue he is back on the tree! This ornament is special not only because I remember it when I was little, but my parents had a whole bunch of wooden ornaments like this that I believe were from Germany? I need to confirm this with my dad, but they were always special.


A cute story...
Abigail loves the Christmas tree. She gets up and makes sure to turn the lights on first thing in the morning. To my surprise she has done well with not taking the ornaments off and pulling the tree apart. One morning she woke up super early, ten to five!! Tim heard her and got out of bed to catch her sitting in front of the tree, plugged in and lit, staring up at it. She heard Tim and turned asking... "Santa?" Tim said... "no its just Daddy!" She responded with a disappointed "Ohhh." This Christmas has been so much fun with her!

No comments: