Monday, December 15, 2008

Santa Letter and Tree Decorating

Abbey is totally into Christmas and Santa this year. It's been a lot of fun to see her get so excited. Anything she sees that is related to Christmas she yells out "Santa." We have been focusing on why Santa gives us presents. I think she is getting it. If you ask her she will, hopefully, tell you because its baby Jesus' Birthday. Anyway, since she is starting to understand Santa, Tim helped Abbey write her first letter to him. I have been prepping her in the car for the past few days... you know, the "what do you want Santa to bring you?," "do you want a bike?,""how about a Barbie?" I suggest the things we have already bought her of course. So when Tim sat down with her to "write" her letter, this is what came about.

These two together are just so cute to me.

She went to town on drawing a picture for Santa. I think she drew Santa with a beard. And there is definitely a horse in there.

I love that she is a lefty... she always has been too. She gets it from my mom. It runs in Tim's family too, his brother Peter is a lefty.

look at that concentration

She even drew pictures on the envelope

We had her put it in the tree so Santa could pick it up.

Then it was on to the decorating of the tree before bed. We let her put a few things on so she could be apart of the tree decorating.

I love how Mike wants to be in on the action too... look at him checking out the Christmas box

It was hard to get Abigail to settle down enough for bed after this! This picture shows the true Abigail though, red juice mustache, hair in her face and being sucked on (bad habit that I can't seem to break her of!), scab on the chin from ruff playing with Wyatt, food on her pj's and arms up in the air while shouting!

She had lots of fun putting the ornaments on. She would yell "yea" after each time (that is what she is doing in the picture above).

Do you think she noticed that we moved her decorations around the next morning?

2 comments:

Carrie Elder said...

Too cute! Abbey is such a firecracker: )
Sorry for storming in on you last night and demanding you be my photographer... you did a fabulous job: ) Thank Tim for me for even ironing that blanket and shining that lamp on me... hahaha! I love you guys, thanks for all you do!

Sarah said...

We need your mailing address. We are sending a christmas card.
Thanks,
Derek & Sarah
The Family looks great